BROADWAY IN CHICAGO COVID-19 UPDATE
REOPENING OF BROADWAY IN CHICAGO THEATRES
Your health and safety has always been our primary concern.
We look forward to when we can be all together again in the theatre. We continue to follow the guidelines and recommendations of the CDC, City of Chicago and State of Illinois Health Officials regarding the opening of our theatres.
In the interim, be assured that Broadway In Chicago is creating a plan so that when we can come back to the theatre, we are ready to take care of all our guests.
All of our plans are based on the recommendations of the governmental bodies and experts in the field, and the plan will continue to grow and evolve as they learn more about the virus. We are implementing new guidelines and procedures that may include heightened sanitation and cleaning services to meet or exceed the rigorous standards set by official recommendations. We are also planning new entrance regulations for all staff and guests that may include temperature checks, mandatory masks, readily available hand sanitizer, and the reduction of touch points, as well as other recommended protocol. Our goal is to design a plan to enhance your safety and minimize your risks when attending the theatre.
TICKET BUYER ASSURANCE
As a Broadway In Chicago ticket holder who purchased through BroadwayInChicago.com or Ticketmaster.com for any show in 2020, our goal is to provide you with the assurance needed to give you confidence in moving forward with ticket purchases throughout this unprecedented time. If your event is rescheduled, we will automatically move your tickets to the new performance date. If your event is canceled, you will receive a full refund. All our programming continues to be re-evaluated based on updated health recommendations.
SHOW SCHEDULES UPDATES
The safety and health of our patrons, staff and theatrical companies is our top priority. In response to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 (coronavirus) here is an update of the shows that are canceled or are rescheduled:
- MY FAIR LADY, CADILLAC PALACE THEATRE, MARCH 24 – APRIL 12, 2020 IS RESCHEDULED TO MAY 12 – 23, 2021
- ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME, JAMES M. NEDERLANDER THEATRE, ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED APRIL 14 – MAY 17, 2020 – CANCELLED
- THE CHOIR OF MAN, BROADWAY PLAYHOUSE, APRIL 14 – 19, 2020 – CANCELLED. POSSIBLE DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED IN 2021
- THE CROWN – LIVE!, BROADWAY PLAYHOUSE, APRIL 21 – 26, 2020 – CANCELLED
- THE OFFICE! A MUSICAL PARODY, BROADWAY PLAYHOUSE, APRIL 28 – MAY 17, 2020 – CANCELLED
- WAITRESS, CIBC THEATRE, MAY 19 – 24 – CANCELLED
- THE SIMON & GARFUNKEL STORY, CIBC THEATRE, MAY 12 – 17, 2020 IS RESCHEDULED TO DECEMBER 1 – 6, 2020
- LISA LAMPANELLI’S LOSIN’ IT, BROADWAY PLAYHOUSE, ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED JUNE 16 – 28, 2020 – CANCELLED
- THE BACHELOR LIVE ON STAGE IS RESCHEDULED TO FEBRUARY 10, 2021, 8PM PERFORMANCE ONLY
- JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR, CADILLAC PALACE THEATRE, AUGUST 11 – 23, 2020, IS RESCHEDULED TO SEPTEMBER 14 – 26, 2021
- DEAR EVAN HANSEN, CIBC THEATRE, JULY 7 – SEPTEMBER 27, 2020 – CANCELLED
- SIX, BROADWAY PLAYHOUSE, JULY 8 – OCTOBER 25, 2020 IS RESCHEDULED TO NOVEMBER 24, 2020 – MARCH 21, 2021.
- SOME LIKE IT HOT, CADILLAC PALACE THEATRE, MARCH 2 – APRIL 4, 2021 – CANCELLED
- DISNEY’S FROZEN, CADILLAC PALACE THEATRE, ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED FOR OCTOBER 21, 2020 – JANUARY 3, 2021, HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FOR NOVEMBER 18, 2021 – JANUARY 23, 2022
- ILLINOIS HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL THEATRE AWARDS, BROADWAY PLAYHOUSE, JUNE 1, 2020 – Broadway In Chicago is cancelling the IHSMTA 2020 event; however, we will continue to take 2020 student submissions and will recognize the students Broadway In Chicago’s Around Broadway In 80 Days.
If you purchased your tickets through Ticketmaster or Broadway In Chicago and your show has been canceled or rescheduled, you will be contacted by Ticketmaster or Broadway In Chicago to assure you of your refund or change of date.
Patrons with additional questions can contact their point of purchase:
If you purchased through Ticketmaster, click here for more information.
If you purchased through the box office, email [email protected].
If you are a Broadway In Chicago Subscriber, email [email protected]
If you purchased your tickets through Broadway In Chicago Group Sales, email [email protected]
Our future productions will continue to be reviewed as further guidance and recommendations are provided by the CDC and Chicago Department of Public Health.