Tony Award® nominee Annaleigh Ashford makes her solo Chicago premiere with an evening of song, story and sequin in her critically-acclaimed, Lost in the Stars, for one-night only on Saturday, March 21 at 8 PM at the Broadway Playhouse at Water Tower Place (175 E. Chestnut). Tickets to the show are now on sale!
With songwriter and music director Will Van Dyke and The Whiskey 5 band, Lost in the Stars celebrates the classic cabaret with an eclectic mix of music from the disco days of Donna Summer, to Judy at Carnegie Hall, to a sing-a-long of Alanis Morrisette, as well as the haunting melodies of Stephen Sondheim and Kurt Weill. They are all woven together through fabulous, funny and most of all heartfelt storytelling. After this glossy and glittery evening with a special appearance by the Sun and the Moon, you will be sure to get Lost in the Stars.
Here are just five reasons to see Annaleigh Ashford live, although we’re sure many more exist!
1. She’s that hilarious friend you want at all of your parties.
2. Her amazing comedic timing and off the charts vocals in the musical Kinky Boots were what earned her a 2013 Tony Award® nomination!
3. She’s apparently pirate ship mates with Craig Ferguson. Um…AWESOME.
4. She has the ability to draw you in with her flawlessly gorgeous tone.
5. The New York Times has proclaimed the show, “FIREWORKS! ANNALEIGH IS IN A LINEAGE OF FEARLESSLY SAUCY ENTERTAINERS WHO SEEM BORN TO CONQUER!”
You can purchase tickets here at BroadwayInChicago.com, at all BIC box office locations and Ticketmaster retail outlets or by calling 800-775-2000.