Front of House Managers and Supervisors
Broadway In Chicago seeks part-time Front of House Managers and Supervisors
The House Manager, Assistant House Manager and Supervisors are responsible for overseeing the front of house operation at all our theatrical venues. They will work closely with Management to ensure that operations run as smoothly as possible during the show, while aiding the staff to provide the best customer service possible. This part-time position requires a flexible work schedule, including evenings, weekends, Wednesday afternoons and holidays.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Comfortably managing up to 50 employees per shift
- Training, assisting and monitoring front of house staff
- Ensuring that all patrons have a safe and pleasant experience
- Providing customer service
- Managing and troubleshooting ticket scanners
- Effectively communicating with all departments
- Effectively directing staff and patrons in the event of an emergency
- Completing show reports, schedules and payroll
- Basic qualifications for this position include:
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Customer Service experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to take and give direction
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- A sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring diplomacy, tact, friendliness, poise and firmness
APPLICATION GUIDELINES: Please send resume and application to BIC-HR@broadwayinchicago.com. Include your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email (NAME – Front of House Management).
Broadway In Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace where everyone is free from bias, prejudice, discrimination, and harassment. The organization strives to ensure a welcoming work environment where everyone belongs and is valued, encouraged & respected for their unique contributions. We are focused on building a culture that acknowledges and values Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.