Broadway In Chicago seeks Full & Part-Time Union Treasurers for the Broadway In Chicago Box Offices.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Processing ticket orders.
- Producing necessary reporting for nightly box office statements and weekly box office settlements.
- Providing outstanding customer service to all patrons & visiting company members, both verbally and through written communication.
- Assist patrons with purchase decisions, which may include answering venue sightline and show content questions.
- Resolve patron complaints with guidance from BIC Sales/Customer Service Staff.
- Understand and relate purchase policies to patrons, including current Covid-19 Patron Protocols.
- Collect and create accurate purchase data during sales transaction.
- Maintain knowledge of all ticket related offerings available to patrons.
- Proper cash handling along with reconciling daily financial transactions.
- Perform other duties as required on a project/task basis.
- Attention to detail and ability to see the overall picture
- Customer Service experience, preferably in ticketing, entertainment, or arts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter with willingness to work hands on with patrons and staff
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism and service orientation in all circumstances
- Works well independently and in a group setting, willingness to work interdepartmentally with staff onsite and in remote locations.
- Knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ticketmaster (Host and Archtics) knowledge and proficiency is requested but not required.
Availability will require daytime, evening, and weekend hours- holidays included based on show performance schedules. (Current or prior Local 750 Union membership not required to interview & apply.)
Interested candidates should complete the BIC General Employment Application linked below and send it along with a resume, cover letter, and references to [email protected] Please include “BOX OFFICE” in your subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled.
The Nederlander Organization and Broadway In Chicago is committed to a workplace where everyone is free from bias, prejudice, discrimination, and harassment. The organization strives to ensure a welcoming work environment where everyone belongs and is valued, encouraged, and respected for their unique contributions. We are focused on building a culture that acknowledges and values Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Broadway In Chicago is now hiring for a fully vaccinated workplace subject to reasonable accommodations (if and where possible) for those employees presenting legitimate needs consistent with applicable employment laws.