The Production Coordinator is a full-time support position for the Senior Production Manager, Engagement Team, and Operations Department focusing on the venue operational advance, load in, load out & maintenance of assigned BIC shows at the Cadillac Palace Theatre, James M. Nederlander Theatre, CIBC Theatre, Broadway Playhouse and other presenting venues as applicable. This position reports directly to the Senior Production Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Review and understanding of tour tech riders for upcoming BIC engagements and understanding Venue compatibility for bookings.
- Distribute technical riders and track budgeting related to BIC engagements with Independent contractors and vendors.
- Responsible for preparing and executing the initial advance with the Production Head Carpenter, Production Stage Manager, Wardrobe Supervisor, and Hair Supervisor of assigned shows.
- Draft labor calls for approval.
- Place all approved vendor equipment rental orders for BIC shows and events based on the show and event advances, schedule delivery and pickup with respect to the required labor and access, and track/maintain invoicing associated with rentals.
- Works with Production Associate to create and maintain production calls on the office calendar used to schedule building staff.
Executes the initial data entry for back of house labor staff for review.
- Create labor estimates for assigned shows reflecting estimated labor and other local expenses based on show riders and/or provided production information.
- Attend site visits for assigned shows and production related events.
- Creates & maintains all annual back of house staff licenses & renewals or replacements as required and credentials for house heads (ETCP certifications, Fire Guard, Lift, etc) and associated budgets when applicable.
- Update and maintain theatre supply inventory for all BIC venues (light bulbs, etc).
- Maintenance of Production Dept spreadsheets for historical reference.
- Interdepartmental communication related to ADA performance schedules for specific engagements with weekly notifications and maintain assisted listening device inventory with venue audio heads.
- Supports the Engagement Finance team with necessary documentation for local crews.
- Responsible for coordinating use of the onsite rehearsal rooms/VIP suites at all BIC venues, including booking, invoicing, coordinating necessary setup, etc.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES: Please send resume and application to [email protected] Include your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email (NAME – Production Coordinator).
Applications may also be submitted by mail to: Broadway In Chicago, C/O HR DEPT, 17 N State St, Suite 810, Chicago, IL, 60602
Broadway In Chicago Application for Employment
Broadway In Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace where everyone is free from bias, prejudice, discrimination, and harassment. The organization strives to ensure a welcoming work environment where everyone belongs and is valued, encouraged & respected for their unique contributions. We are focused on building a culture that acknowledges and values Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Broadway In Chicago is now hiring for a fully vaccinated workplace subject to reasonable accommodations (if and where possible) for those employees presenting legitimate needs consistent with applicable employment laws.