Production Assistants are integral members of the Operations staff who report to the Production Management team. PAs will interact with the majority of BIC staff and participate directly in production work at all four of BIC’s downtown venues. Due to the nature of the touring show schedules, evening and weekend hours will be required in addition to typical office hours. While number of hours per week remains fairly consistent, schedules are drafted based on production activity. All efforts will be made to provide a flexible schedule, though a PA’s presence at certain events will be required.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the production activities of four theatrical venues
- Participating in weekly payroll processing
- Maintaining comprehensive production files
- Daily upkeep of a wide variety of inventories and schedules
- Communicating with a wide range of vendors, touring show staff, and BIC staff
- Assisting Production Manager onsite at major production work calls
- Regularly traveling between venues and offices in the Loop
Qualifications for this position include:
- Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and meticulous organizational aptitudes
- Responsible, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to take and give direction
- A technical theatre background and familiarity with industry terminology preferred
APPLICATION GUIDELINES: Interested candidates should complete the BIC General Employment Application linked below and send it along with a resume, cover letter, and references to [email protected]. Please include “Part-Time Production Assistant” in your subject line. Review of applications will begin Friday, October 7th and will continue until the position is filled.
Broadway In Chicago Application for Employment
The Nederlander Organization and Broadway In Chicago is committed to a workplace where everyone is free from bias, prejudice, discrimination, and harassment. The organization strives to ensure a welcoming work environment where everyone belongs and is valued, encouraged, and respected for their unique contributions. We are focused on building a culture that acknowledges and values Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Broadway In Chicago is now hiring for a fully vaccinated workplace subject to reasonable accommodations (if and where possible) for those employees presenting legitimate needs consistent with applicable employment laws.