Broadway In Chicago seeks part-time paid marketing advertising assistant
Advertising Assistant will work directly with the Advertising Director to assist with activities related to the shows and events at Broadway In Chicago. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds that are historically underrepresented in the theatre industry to apply. Start/end dates and scheduled weekly hours are flexible, though will correspond accordingly to the needs of the position.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Advertising Manager in day-to-day activities
- Analyzing media buys to insure correct trafficking of ad placements, and working with ad reps to rectify misplaced or underperforming ads
- Working directly with advertising reps and vendors to assure rates and media kits are current
- Creating and placing digital plans to support Broadway In Chicago productions as directed by Marketing Managers/Directors
- Creating ad schedules, order artwork and fulfilling trade advertising to support Broadway In Chicago productions as directed by Marketing Managers/Directors
- Analyzing market to find new and innovative ad placements among print, electronic, digital and outdoor advertisers
- Supporting the planning and coordination of events
- Identifying content creation opportunities relating to Broadway In Chicago productions
- Additional tasks, as needed
Basic qualifications for all assistant positions include:
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and writing skills.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) and Google Drive knowledge
- Basic knowledge in Google Analytics and Ad Words including usage and strategies
- An enthusiasm for the arts, entertainment, music, and/or pop culture
- An interest in the administrative and/or business side of the arts and entertainment industry
- Ability to take direction and pay attention to details
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
AVERAGE HOURLY SCHEDULE: Flexible Schedule approximately 20 – 30 hours per week
APPLICATION GUIDELINES: Please send cover letter, resume and application to [email protected] Include your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email (NAME – Advertising Assistant). Please do NOT submit headshots or acting resumes. Applications are due by Tuesday, July 6.
Broadway In Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace where everyone is free from bias, prejudice, discrimination, and harassment. The organization strives to ensure a welcoming work environment where everyone belongs and is valued, encouraged & respected for their unique contributions. We are focused on building a culture that acknowledges and values Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.