Broadway In Chicago seeks part-time press assistant
Press Assistant will work directly with the Marketing & Press Department to assist with activities related to the shows and events at Broadway In Chicago. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds that are historically underrepresented in the theatre industry to apply. Start/end dates and scheduled weekly hours are flexible, though will correspond accordingly to the needs of the position.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Analyzing market to find new and innovative press outlets and social media influencers
- Supporting the planning and coordination of events
- Developing an understanding of the Chicago media landscape
- Identifying press opportunities related to Broadway In Chicago productions
- Researching shows for press pitches and press materials
- Compiling/updating communication materials in addition to proofreading final documents
- Collecting, compiling, and distributing press clippings
- Additional tasks, as needed
Basic qualifications for all assistant positions include:
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and writing skills
- Basic Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) and Google Drive knowledge
- Basic knowledge of industry software (i.e. Cision, Critical Mention, Muck Rack) is a plus
- An enthusiasm for the arts, entertainment, music, and/or pop culture
- An interest in the administrative and/or business side of the arts and entertainment industry
- Ability to take direction and pay attention to details
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
AVERAGE HOURLY SCHEDULE: Flexible Schedule approximately 20 – 30 hours per week
APPLICATION GUIDELINES: Please send cover letter, resume and application to [email protected] Include your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email (NAME – Press Assistant). Please do NOT submit headshots or acting resumes. Applications are due by Tuesday, July 6.
Broadway In Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace where everyone is free from bias, prejudice, discrimination, and harassment. The organization strives to ensure a welcoming work environment where everyone belongs and is valued, encouraged & respected for their unique contributions. We are focused on building a culture that acknowledges and values Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.