Our summer concert is one week away! Join us August 18 at 6:15 p.m. at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park (201 E Randolph St) for an evening of music and fun, and best of all, it’s free! In attendance this year will be cast members from our upcoming productions of Amazing Grace, Evil Dead the Musical, Dee Snider’s Rock & Roll Christmas Tale, Annie, Hansel & Gretel: A Wickedly Delicious Musical Treat, Disney’s Newsies, Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella, First Wives Club, The Illusionists – Witness The Impossible, Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, Jersey Boys, Kinky Boots and Pippin.
This unique event is open to everyone and is perfect for families, friends and anyone who enjoys music. Last year we had a blast and we’re hoping to make this year even better! The pre-show begins at 5:45 p.m. so arrive early to grab your favorite spot on the lawn as seating is not reserved. We’ll have lots of activities (including BIC-GO) to help keep you occupied before the show begins!
Top 5 Reasons to go to the Broadway in Chicago Summer Concert
1. Everything you see at our summer concert will be coming to Chicago! It’s a perfect preview to decide what productions you want to see this fall or in 2015!
2. It’s a relaxing way to spend one of your final summer evenings. No stress, just enjoy the music with friends or family. Plus it’s free!
3. It’s always fun to have a picnic with your friends in the park! You can bring or pick something up and enjoy dinner and a (free) show!
4. You can play BIC-GO! It’s our fun version of BINGO. Play before, during or after the summer concert! Submit your photos on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter using #BICconcert, then post using #BICGO when you get bingo (five squares in a row) and tag Broadway In Chicago. If you get BIC-GO, you will be entered to win a pair of tickets to any of the upcoming shows of your choice that are at the concert.
5. Enjoy the beautiful Millennium Park. The 24.5 acre park is the second largest tourist attraction in the city. It is Chicago’s number one place for art, architecture, beautiful sceneries and music. Can you think of a better place to enjoy music in the park? Neither can we.
Hope to see you there!